Saturday, January 09, 2010

Gear test

I'm in the backyard, in my sleeping bag (no tent), on what may be the coldest night of the year (3 degrees) doing a gear test. I started doing this while in Michigan. Just out here seeing how well the gear does.

My setup: bivy bag with air pad and sleeping bag inside. This year I've done something new. I boiled water, put it in my water bottle, and placed it down by my toes. Right now, I've been out about 15 minutes and I'm too hot! I'm sure that will change as the water bottle cools.

I've been asked to give a talk in my congregational meeting next month. The topic is 'prayer and promptings'. A good topic for me to study, but not one where I feel I have a lot to offer - as far as insight to share with the congregation. Hopefully I'll do no harm.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: