Sunday, November 22, 2009

On healing

A guy in my congregation has cancer. This one's gonna kill him without some sort of divine intervention. It's been 25 years or so since I was close to someone in this condition. He's my age, has a bunch of kids.

I've been thinking a bit more about the gifts of the Spirit and how they are manifested (see 1 Cor. 12). I'd guess at one time or another every Christian wonders about the gift of healing and how that works.

I've come across healers. There was one in my congregation in Detroit. I found one in my congregation here. (I keep my eye out for them as you never know when one might come in handy.)

In the LDS faith we have a prescribed way of administering through the Priesthood. I wonder though about the gift of healing. I'm sure I don't understand how that works. How, for example, does it work when a woman has that gift? What would it look like for her to exercise that gift?

I don't believe I have that gift. I'd like to have it right now.

I'd be interested in hearing stories about how the gift of healing has been exhibited.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: